Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI 1.4.2 released
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 18:20:00

On May 16, 2010, at 5:21 AM, Aleksej Saushev wrote:

> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/parallel/openmpi/patches/

Sorry for the high latency reply...

aa: We haven't added RPATH support yet. We've talked about it but never done it. There are some in OMPI who insist that rpath support needs to be optional. A full patch solution would be appreciated.

ab: This should now be moot on the dev trunk as of r23158. It won't go to v1.4, but it is slated for the v1.5 series. I was waiting for your reply to my off-list pings on testing this stuff before I filed a v1.5 CMR, but I just went ahead and filed one anyway: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2423.

ac: ditto to ab

ad: ditto to ab

ae: ditto to ab

af: ditto to ab -- but I might have missed this one. Can you test?

ag: ditto to ab -- but I might have missed this one. Can you test?

ah: this should be applied -- did we miss it? Gah! I just checked and it didn't go. What the heck happened here... (checking) I see that it went into v1.5. It supposedly went into v1.4 in r22890. ....gahh! It looks like the commit message on r22890 *says* it put in r22640, but it didn't actually *do* it. :-(

ag: should be moot by ab, above.

ai: I think you explained this to me before, but I forget (sorry!). These are actually configuration files, not example files. Hence, we install them into sysconfdir. Is this a difference of definitions, somehow? (i.e., what you define as usage policies for exampledir and sysconfdir)

aj: ditto to ai

ak: ditto to ai

For corporate legal information go to: