Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building from the SRPM version creates an rpm with striped libraries
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 04:32:05

This is a standard rpm feature although like most things it can be disabled.

According to this mail and it's replies the two %defines below will prevent striping and the building of debuginfo rpms.

http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-list/2009-January/000122.html

%define debug_package %{nil}
%define __strip /bin/true

Ashley.