Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Process doesn't exit on remote machine when using hostfile
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-25 04:08:20

Hi,

What's the firewall setting on the remote node? Could you try to add an
exception for the application, or turn off the firewall completely?

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2010-5-24 4:44 PM, Rajnesh Jindel wrote:
> When I specify the hosts separately on the commandline, as follows,
> the process completes as expected.
> mpirun -np 8 -host remotehost,localhost myapp
> Output appears for the localhost and a textfile is created on the
> remotehost
>
> However when I use a hostfile the remote processes never complete. I
> can see the output from the local processes and by remote login I can
> see that that processes are being started on the remote machine but
> never complete.
>
> The is a simple reduce example using boost.mpi (v1.43) I'm using
> windows 7 x64 pro on both machines and openmpi 1.4.2 the hostfile and
> athe app are in the same locaion on both machines.
>
> Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Raj

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart