Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Building 1.4.x on mac snow leopard with intel compilers
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 12:30:26

On May 24, 2010, at 10:45 AM, Glass, Micheal W wrote:

> Yes, I’m sure I’m picking up the newly built version. I’ve run ompi_info to verify my path is correct.
>
> I’ve have a little more information now... I rebuilt openmpi 1.4.2 with the ‘--enable-debug’ option to configure and when I run a simple mpi program on 2 processors with an MPI_Reduce() call:
>
> MPI_Reduce(&mypi, &pi, 1, MPI_DOUBLE, MPI_SUM, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD);

That's weird. I compiled on Snow Leopard (but with gcc) and it works fine for me. Open MPI definitely defines MPI_SUM on MPI_DOUBLE.

I don't have the intel compiler to test with on Snow Leopard, unfortunately... It works fine for me with the intel suite 11.1.072 on Linux RHEL 5.

I'm afraid I have no way to testing further -- is there any chance you can step through and see what is going on?

For corporate legal information go to: