Subject: [OMPI users] Process doesn't exit on remote machine when using hostfile
From: Rajnesh Jindel (rajnesh.jindel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 10:44:50

When I specify the hosts separately on the commandline, as follows, the
process completes as expected.
mpirun -np 8 -host remotehost,localhost myapp
Output appears for the localhost and a textfile is created on the remotehost

However when I use a hostfile the remote processes never complete. I can see
the output from the local processes and by remote login I can see that that
processes are being started on the remote machine but never complete.

The is a simple reduce example using boost.mpi (v1.43) I'm using windows 7
x64 pro on both machines and openmpi 1.4.2 the hostfile and athe app are in
the same locaion on both machines.

Any idea why this is happening?

Raj