Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Allgather in inter-communicator bug,
From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-20 14:52:46

On 20 May 2010 11:09, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Can you send us an all-C or all-Fortran example that shows the problem?
>
> We don't have easy access to test through the python bindings.  ...ok, I admit it, it's laziness on my part.  :-)

Jeff, you should really learn Python and give a try to mpi4py. Even if
you do not consider Python a language for serious, production work
:-), it would be a VERY productive one for writing tests targeting
MPI. However, mpi4py have a BIG issue: not enough man-power for
writing decent documentation.

> But having a pure Open MPI test app would also remove some possible variables and possible sources of error.

So you are suggesting my code could be buggy? No way ! ;-) . Slightly
more serious: almost all my bug reports were discovered while
unittesting mpi4py and getting failures when running with Open MPI, so
I'm really confident about my Python bindings.

--
Lisandro Dalcin