Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Allgather in inter-communicator bug,
From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-20 13:33:36

thanks for pointing the problem out. I checked in the code, the problem
is the MPI layer itself. The following check prevents us from doing
anything

----
e.g. ompi/mpi/c/allgather.c
   if ((MPI_IN_PLACE != sendbuf && 0 == sendcount) ||
        (0 == recvcount)) {
        return MPI_SUCCESS;
    }
----
so the problem is not in the modules/algorithms but in the API layer,
which did not encounter for intercommunicators correctly. I'll try to
fix it.
Thanks
edgar