Subject: Re: [OMPI users] (no subject)
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 14:34:42

The functionality of checkpoint operation is not tied to CPU
utilization. Are you running with the C/R thread enabled? If not then
the checkpoint might be waiting until the process enters the MPI
library.

Does the system emit an error message describing the error that it
encountered?

The C/R support does require that all processes be between MPI_INIT
and MPI_FINALIZE. It is difficult to guarantee that the job is between
these two functions globally (there are race conditions to worry
about). This might be causing the problem as well since if some of the
processes have not passed through MPI_INIT then some of the support
services might not be properly initialized.

Let me know what you find, and we can start looking at what might be
causing this problem.

-- Josh