Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI 1.4.2 released
From: Aleksej Saushev (asau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 05:21:53

Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On May 13, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>
>> > - Various OpenBSD and NetBSD build and run-time fixes. Many thanks to
>> > the OpenBSD community for their time, expertise, and patience
>> > getting these fixes incorporated into Open MPI's main line.
>>
>> This didn't happen in 1.4.2, all patches we (NetBSD, not OpenBSD)
>> distribute for 1.4.1 still apply cleanly.
>
> Blast. Sorry about that; can you send a pointer to your patches?
> I seem to recall that we were amenable to some of the changes, but not all of them.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/parallel/openmpi/patches/

I didn't backport OpenMPI changes happened to 1.5 branch.

I was waiting for those to be backported to 1.4 branch, and since that
didn't happen I thought it was intended for 1.5 release. Then I was
effectively absent for about two weeks and lost pre-release time.

If you want me to backport 1.5 changes, drop me a note,
MPI is going into my focus in near time.

> ...looking through the SVN commit logs, we did commit *some* BSD-related things to the v1.4 tree. For example:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22751
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22890
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22936
>
> These fixes where what I was referring to in the changelog.
>
> Additionally, I just put some work in the development trunk that adds support for a new embedded software support library (hwloc), but, based on feedback from you and others, it allows you to configure one of 3 ways:
>
> * Use the embedded hwloc
> * Use an external hwloc installation
> * Don't compile hwloc at all
>
> I plan on extending this technique to libltdl, which should hopefully obviate at least some of your patches.

I'll take a look.

--
HE CE3OH...