Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI 1.4.2 released
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-15 07:45:56

On May 13, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Aleksej Saushev wrote:

> > - Various OpenBSD and NetBSD build and run-time fixes. Many thanks to
> > the OpenBSD community for their time, expertise, and patience
> > getting these fixes incorporated into Open MPI's main line.
>
> This didn't happen in 1.4.2, all patches we (NetBSD, not OpenBSD)
> distribute for 1.4.1 still apply cleanly.

Blast. Sorry about that; can you send a pointer to your patches? I seem to recall that we were amenable to some of the changes, but not all of them.

...looking through the SVN commit logs, we did commit *some* BSD-related things to the v1.4 tree. For example:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22751
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22890
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22936

These fixes where what I was referring to in the changelog.

Additionally, I just put some work in the development trunk that adds support for a new embedded software support library (hwloc), but, based on feedback from you and others, it allows you to configure one of 3 ways:

 * Use the embedded hwloc
 * Use an external hwloc installation
 * Don't compile hwloc at all

I plan on extending this technique to libltdl, which should hopefully obviate at least some of your patches.

For corporate legal information go to: