Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fortran support on Windows Open-MPI
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 16:33:53

Hi Damien,

That's a known problem. see this ticket
https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2404 . It will be applied into
1.5 branch very soon. But if you apply the patch by yourself, it should
also work.

Thanks,
Shiqing

On 2010-5-10 10:08 PM, Damien wrote:
> Interesting. If I add the Fortran compiler as a new entry through the
> GUI, CMake wipes it. If I use the option to specify the compiler
> paths manually on Configure, I can add the Fortran compiler in that
> way and it works.
>
> Then there's a compiler error. In
> orte\mca\odls\process\odls_process_module.c, right at the top, there's
>
> static bool odls_process_child_died( pid_t pid, unsigned int timeout,
> int* exit_status )
> {
> int error;
> HANDLE handle = OpenProcess( PROCESS_TERMINATE | SYNCHRONIZE, FALSE,
> (DWORD)pid );
> if( 0 == child->pid || INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE == handle ) {
> error = GetLastError();
> /* Let's suppose that the process dissapear ... by now */
> return true;
> }
> CloseHandle(handle);
> /* The child didn't die, so return false */
> return false;
> }
>
> This line "0 == child->pid" causes a compiler error that tanks the
> build, because child doesn't exist in that scope. Should that just be
> "0 == pid", seeing as pid is the argument passed to the function
> anyway? The build seems fine with this fix.
>
> Finally, there's an installation error on mpi_portable_platform.h.
> That file isn't generated as part of the build, and the installation
> command is around line 150 of ompi/CMakeLists.txt. If you comment out
> the installation of that file the installation works correctly.
>
> I used the 1.5a1r23092 snapshot for this.
>
> Now to make sure it works...
>
> Damien
>
> On 10/05/2010 4:50 AM, Shiqing Fan wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Normally, that means a wrong path or incompatible compiler version,
>> e.g. 32 bit vs 64 bit.
>>

>> Shiqing
>>
>> On 2010-5-7 6:54 PM, Damien wrote:
>>> nd 2.8.1. In the CMake GUI, I checked the OMPI_WANT_F77_BINDINGS
>>> option, and added a FilePath for CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER of
>>> C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/065/bin/ia32/ifort.exe.
>>> When I re-run the Configure, CMake wipes the CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER
>>> variable and complains about a missing Fortran compiler. Any
>>> suggestions?

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart