Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Questions about binding processes
From: Terry Dontje (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 08:44:52

NGUYEN Laurent wrote:
> Ok, thank you for your answer. I think this rankfile feature is very
> interesting to run some jobs like MPMD jobs or hybrid jobs
> (multithreaded or GPU for examples).
>
> Regards,

Point taken. The basic premise Jeff and I are working on is to see if
we could come up with a set of options that can cover most cases of job
layouts. I am thinking jobs that are fairly uniform in layout (which I
believe hybrid jobs can be) are easily supported. In the case of MPMD
jobs I imagine one can conjure up a non-uniform layout that would be
difficult, if not impossible, to define with some options.

As I said before I don't believe rankfiles will be flushed anytime soon
and they may never be because of non-uniform layout jobs.

--
Oracle
Developer Tools Engineering | +1.650.633.7054

picture