Subject: [OMPI users] Questions about binding processes
From: NGUYEN Laurent (laurent.nguyen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-10 05:17:28

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the difference between theses two options:

" --mca mpi_paffinity_alone 1 "
and
" --bind-to-core "

To me, it's the same thing (may be paffinity have maffinity in
addition) but the purpose af theses options is to bind MPI process to
processors. Which is the best to obtain performances?

I have another question about processes bindings: I use rankfiles to
have a precise binding of my process on processor or socket (it useful
for hybrid computing like pthread or OpenMP). I read you don't want to
maintain this feature: how can I substitute it?

Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards,

--
NGUYEN Laurent