Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fortran derived types
From: Cole, Derek E (derek.e.cole_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-07 08:19:31

I don't have any hard numbers for fortran, but I do for C structures. Using C structures with some other C functionality (pointer functions, etc etc) can yield up to a 3x slowdown at worst, and at best, had a 15% slowdown. I have seen similar results in fortran, but don't have the benchmark results for it. In either language, nothing beats raw data types for performance. Just my .02, I know some out there may not agree.