Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fortran support on Windows Open-MPI
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-07 05:09:36

Hi Damien,

Currently only Fortran 77 bindings are supported in Open MPI on Windows.
You could set the Intel Fortran compiler with CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER
variable in CMake (the full path to ifort.exe), and enable
OMPI_WANT_F77_BINDINGS option for Open MPI, then everything should be
compiled. I recommend to use Open MPI trunk or 1.5 branch version.

I have successfully compiled/ran NPB benchmark with f77 bindings on
Windows. If you want to compile f90 programs, this should also be
possible, but it needs a little modification in the config file. Please
let me know if I can help.

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2010-5-7 5:52 AM, Damien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me what the plans are for Fortran 90 support on
> Windows, with say the Intel compilers? I need to get MUMPS built and
> running using Open-MPI, with Visual Studio and Intel 11.1. I know
> Fortran isn't part of the regular CMake build for Windows. If
> someone's working on this I'm happy to test or help out.
>
> Damien

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart