Subject: Re: [OMPI users] How do I run OpenMPI safely on a Nehalem standalone machine?
From: John Hearns (hearnsj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-07 01:30:07

On 7 May 2010 03:17, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Indeed.  I have seen some people have HT enabled in the bios just so that they can have the software option of turning them off via linux -- then you can run with HT and without it and see what it does to your specific codes.

I may have missed this on the thread, but how do you do that?
The Nehalem systems I have came delivered with HT enabled in the BIOS
- I know it is not a real pain to reboot and configure, but it would
be a lot easir to leave it on and switch off in software - also if you
wanted to do back-to-back testing of performance with/without HT.