Subject: [OMPI users] Fortran derived types
From: Vedran Coralic (vcoralic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-04 15:25:26

Hello,

In my Fortran 90 code I use several custom defined derived types. Amongst
them is a vector of arrays, i.e. v(:)%f(:,:,:). I am wondering what the
proper way of sending this data structure from one processor to another is.
Is the best way to just restructure the data by copying it into a vector and
sending that or is there a simpler way possible by defining an MPI derived
type that can handle it?

I looked into the latter myself but so far, I have only found the solution
for a scalar fortran derived type and the methodology that was suggested in
that case did not seem naturally extensible to the vector case.

Thanks any help you can give me!

--
Vedran Coralic