Subject: [OMPI users] Fortran derived types
From: Vedran Coralic (vcoralic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-04 15:25:26

In my Fortran 90 code I use several custom defined derived types. Amongst
them is a vector of arrays, i.e. v(:)%f(:,:,:). I am wondering what the
proper way of sending this data structure from one processor to another is.
Is the best way to just restructure the data by copying it into a vector and
sending that or is there a simpler way possible by defining an MPI derived
type that can handle it?

I looked into the latter myself but so far, I have only found the solution
for a scalar fortran derived type and the methodology that was suggested in
that case did not seem naturally extensible to the vector case.

Thanks any help you can give me!

Vedran Coralic