Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.4.1 and xgrid
From: Alan (alanwilter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-03 11:10:17

Thanks a lot Jeff, you described exactly my problem (mistake indeed) and now
things are working fine.

Sorry for much ado for nothing.

Cheers,

Alan

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 14:57, Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Apr 30, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>
> > I build it on Mac 10.6 every time we do an update to the 1.4 series,
> without problem. --without-xgrid or --with-xgrid=no should both work just
> fine (I use the latter myself).
>
> Ditto. I just downloaded 1.4.1 and tried it on my 10.6 mbp and when using
> --without-xgrid, I see:
>
> --- MCA component plm:xgrid (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component plm:xgrid compile mode... dso
> checking if MCA component plm:xgrid can compile... no
>
> and when not using that, I see:
>
> --- MCA component plm:xgrid (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component plm:xgrid compile mode... dso
> checking if C and Objective C are link compatible... yes
> checking for XgridFoundation Framework... yes
> checking if MCA component plm:xgrid can compile... yes
>
> You might want to double check that you're not just installing over an old
> installation that still contains the xgrid plugin. OMPI's plugins are
> installed as individual files. So if you install with xgrid support, you've
> installed the xgrid plugin. If you then re-install in the same installation
> tree *without* xgrid support, then you'll still have xgrid support because
> the plugin will still be there from the prior install.
>
> FWIW, you can remove the xgrid plugin by removing
> ompi_install_tree/lib/openmpi/*xgrid*. Then ompi_info | grep xgrid should
> turn up nothing.
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.