Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.4.1 and xgrid
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-03 08:57:33

On Apr 30, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> I build it on Mac 10.6 every time we do an update to the 1.4 series, without problem. --without-xgrid or --with-xgrid=no should both work just fine (I use the latter myself).

Ditto. I just downloaded 1.4.1 and tried it on my 10.6 mbp and when using --without-xgrid, I see:

--- MCA component plm:xgrid (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component plm:xgrid compile mode... dso
checking if MCA component plm:xgrid can compile... no

and when not using that, I see:

--- MCA component plm:xgrid (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component plm:xgrid compile mode... dso
checking if C and Objective C are link compatible... yes
checking for XgridFoundation Framework... yes
checking if MCA component plm:xgrid can compile... yes

You might want to double check that you're not just installing over an old installation that still contains the xgrid plugin. OMPI's plugins are installed as individual files. So if you install with xgrid support, you've installed the xgrid plugin. If you then re-install in the same installation tree *without* xgrid support, then you'll still have xgrid support because the plugin will still be there from the prior install.

FWIW, you can remove the xgrid plugin by removing ompi_install_tree/lib/openmpi/*xgrid*. Then ompi_info | grep xgrid should turn up nothing.

For corporate legal information go to: