Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpi 1.4.1 and xgrid
From: Doug Reeder (dlr1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 18:36:37


Cristobal,

It may be a 10.6 vs 10.5 difference. In the configure --help output it
looks like --with-xgrid=no should turn off the default behavior of
building with support for xgrid.

Doug Reeder
On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Cristobal Navarro wrote:

> this is strange, because some weeks ago i compiled openmpi 1.4.1 on
> a mac 10.5.6
> and the parameter --without-xgrid worked good.
>
> can you turn off xgrid on the macs you are working with?? that might
> help
>
>
> Cristobal
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Doug Reeder <dlr1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Alan,
>
> I haven't tried to build 1.4.x on os x 10.6.x yet, but it sounds
> like the configure script has become too clever by half. Is there a
> configure argument to force no xgrid (e.g., --with-xgrid=no or --
> enable-xgrid=no).
>
> Doug Reeder
>
> On Apr 30, 2010, at 3:12 PM, Alan wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, thanks,
>>
>> Well, I can assure there I have the right things as explained here:
>>
>> ompi 1.2.8 (apple)
>> /usr/bin/ompi_info | grep xgrid
>> MCA ras: xgrid (MCA v1.0, API v1.3, Component
>> v1.2.8)
>> MCA pls: xgrid (MCA v1.0, API v1.3, Component
>> v1.2.8)
>>
>> ompi 1.3.3 (Fink)
>> /sw/bin/ompi_info | grep xgrid
>> "nothing"
>>
>> ompi 1.4.1 (mine, for Amber11)
>> /Users/alan/Programmes/amber11/exe/ompi_info | grep xgrid
>> MCA plm: xgrid (MCA v2.0, API v2.0, Component
>> v1.4.1)
>>
>> So, my problem is "simple", the formula I used to compile ompi
>> without xgrid used to work, but it's simply not working anymore
>> with ompi 1.4.1, even though I see in compilation:
>>
>> --- MCA component plm:xgrid (m4 configuration macro)
>> checking for MCA component plm:xgrid compile mode... static
>> checking if C and Objective C are link compatible... yes
>> checking for XgridFoundation Framework... yes
>> configure: WARNING: XGrid components must be built as DSOs.
>> Disabling
>> checking if MCA component plm:xgrid can compile... no
>>
>> Any help helps.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alan
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 20:32, Cristobal Navarro
>> <axischire_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> try launching mpirun -v a see what version is picking up.
>> maybe its the included 1.2.x
>>
>>
>> Cristobal
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Doug Reeder <dlr1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Alan,
>>
>> Are you sure that the ompi_info and mpirun that you are using are
>> the 1.4.1 versions and not the apple supplied versions. I use
>> modules to help ensure that I am using the openmpi that I built and
>> not the apple supplied versions.
>>
>> Doug Reeder
>> On Apr 30, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Alan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> No matter I do I cannot disable xgrid while compiling opempi. I
>>> tried:
>>>
>>> --without-xgrid --enable-shared --enable-static
>>>
>>> And still see with ompi_info:
>>>
>>> MCA plm: xgrid (MCA v2.0, API v2.0, Component v1.4.1)
>>>
>>> And because of xgrid on ompi, I have:
>>>
>>> openmpi-1.4.1/examples% mpirun -c 2 hello_c
>>> [amadeus.local:26559] [[63998,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unknown error:
>>> 1 in file src/plm_xgrid_module.m at line 119
>>> [amadeus.local:26559] [[63998,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Unknown error:
>>> 1 in file src/plm_xgrid_module.m at line 15
>>>
>>> Using mac SL 10.6.3
>>>
>>> Compiling 1.3.3 and haven't any problem.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
>>> Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
>>> 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.
>>> >>http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~awd28<<
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> users mailing list
>>> users_at_[hidden]
>>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
>> Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
>> 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.
>> >>http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~awd28<<
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> users_at_[hidden]
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> users_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/users