Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open-mpi behaviour on Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-26 12:03:18

Asad Ali <asad06_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>From run to run the results can only be different if you either use
> different input/output or use different random number seeds. Here in my case
> the random number seeds are the same as well.

Sorry, but that's naïve, even if you can prove your code is well-defined
according to the language and floating-point standards. You should
listen to Ashley, and if it worries you, you really need just to debug
it. If you believe it's a problem with open-mpi, you at least have to
demonstrate results with a different MPI.