Subject: Re: [OMPI users] open-mpi behaviour on Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS
From: jody (jody.xha_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-26 02:25:15

Hi Asad

I must admit i don't know how one can find out whether extended precision
is being used or not.
I think one has to read up on the CPU's information.
I only know that most Intel 32bit-Processors use the extended precision
as does AMD Athlon
but i think AMD Opteron does not.
But i am no expert in this area - i only found out about this when i
mentioned to someone
the differences in the results obtained from a 32Bit platform and a
64bit platform. Sorry.