Subject: [OMPI users] Not getting mpi.mod file from openmpi build and install
From: Price, Brian M (N-KCI) (brian.m.price_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-22 20:10:26

OpenMPI version: 1.3.3
Platform: IBM P5

If I configure with just the --prefix option for where to install, and then run "make all install", I get an "mpi.mod" file in the "lib" directory of the prefix directory I specified. ALL GOOD!

When I add compiler options to the configure script (e.g. "CC=xlC_r CXX=xlC_r FC=xlf95_r"), I no longer get the "mpi.mod" file.

I have traced this to the Makefile in the "ompi/mpi/f90" directory. When I add the compiler options to the configure script, a bunch of lines get commented out of the Makefile, including the ones that look like they build the "mpi.mod" file.

Can anyone tell me why this happens?

Thanks.