Subject: [OMPI users] --enable-mpi-threads and --with-tm=/usr/local/torque
From: Martin Siegert (siegert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-19 16:01:48

Hi,

I am wondering what effects it will have when I configure openmpi
with --enable-mpi-threads: we are using the TM interface to torque
and therefore each MPI program gets assigned a certain number of cores
on a set of nodes by the scheduler. If the MPI program now starts
additional threads how does that work?
- will this lead to an oversubscription of nodes
or
- will the creation of additional threads fail, if the number of
  processes on a node has reached the process count on that node
  assigned through torque?

How is this done properly?

Thanks!

Cheers,