Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OS X - Can't find the absoft directory
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-19 12:20:16

On Apr 19, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Paul Cizmas wrote:

> Here there was a difference - it did work for both cases:
>
> ~$ ABSOFT=foo
> ~$ testme
> ABSOFT=foo
> ~$ export ABSOFT=foo
> ~$ testme
> ABSOFT=foo
> ~$

This could well be because you had previously exported ABSOFT...? (I forget the exact semantics offhand)

I'm somewhat at a loss to explain the behavior you're seeing, then. In this regard, OMPI is a pretty standard configure/make open source project -- we're not frobbing the environment before calling the underlying libtool script (this stuff is totally handled by Automake, actually).

Some off-the-wall-ideas:

1. Is $ABSOFT set to the correct value? I.e., could the error message be interpreted as "The absoft compiler was unable to find what it expected to find in $ABSOFT"?

2. Is there anything different/unique about your build environment compared to the environment you just ran those tests in?

3. You might want to try editing "libtool" script that is emitted after running OMPI's configure and add some debugging to see if $ABSOFT really is set when that script is launched.

For corporate legal information go to: