Subject: [OMPI users] How do I integrate OpenMPI with a local cluster and EC2
From: Theodore Van Rooy (theodore.vanrooy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-17 18:39:28

Hi all,

I'm trying to add EC2 instances into my local cluster with openMPI. So far
openMPI works well on the local cluster, and I have set up passwordless SSH
between the local cluster and the Amazon EC2 instance.

Howver, when I add the public DNS into a file (defaulthostfiletest)

comp1 slots=2 max-slots=8
comp2 slots=2 max-slots=8
comp3 slots=2 max-slots=4
ec2-174-129-183-64.compute-1.amazonaws.com slots=2 max-slots=2

and then run:

[/home/ntlp/cashmoney/mainFrame]$mpirun -np 6 --hostfile defaulthostfiletest
hostname
foretell
foretell
augur
augur
predict
predict

it works, but trying to use the amazon cluster I get:

[/home/ntlp/cashmoney/mainFrame]$mpirun -np 8 --hostfile defaulthostfiletest
hostname (it hangs so I kill it)
^C^Cmpirun: killing job...

mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.
mpirun was unable to cleanly terminate the daemons on the nodes shown
below. Additional manual cleanup may be required - please refer to
the "orte-clean" tool for assistance.
        ec2-174-129-183-64.compute-1.amazonaws.com - daemon did not report
back when launched

Any advice? are there any settings in /etc/sssh/sshd_config that I might
need to change?

Theo

--
Theodore Van Rooy