Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Fwd: Open MPI v1.4 cant find default hostfile
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-17 12:29:42

On Apr 17, 2010, at 1:16 AM, Mario Ogrizek wrote:

> I am new to mpi, so I'm sorry for any silly questions.
>
> My idea was to try to use dual core machine as two nodes. I have a limited access to a cluster, so this was just for "testing" purposes.
> My default hostfile contains usual comments and this two nodes:
>
>> node0
>> node1
> I thought that each processor is a node for MPI purpose.

I'm afraid not - it is just another processor on that node. So you only have one node as far as OMPI is concerned.

> Im not sure what do you mean with "mpirun cmd line"?

How are you starting your job? The usual way is with "mpirun -n N ...". That is what we mean by the "mpirun cmd line" - i.e., what command are you using to start your job?

It sounds like things are actually working correctly. You might look at "mpirun -h" for possible options of interest.