Subject: [OMPI users] Weird behavior of the MPI-IO routines
From: E.T.A.vanderWeide_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-04-16 07:37:14

Hi,

I am using the MPI-IO routines for collective reading of data from binary files. For some cases
I encountered problems using Open MPI, while other MPI implementations showed the correct behavior.
The attached test program mimics the simplest case for which this problem occurs. It should be
run on 2 processors on a little endian operating system, e.g. Linux, because the binary file is
in little endian format and, for simplicity, I didn't add the option for byte swapping.
Compilation is simply done by mpicxx -o ParallelIOTest ParallelIOTest.cpp.

As far as I know, I'm using the collective IO routines of MPI correctly, but I might be mistaken.
However, if I do use these routines correctly, might this be a bug in Open MPI?

Thanks,

Edwin