Subject: Re: [OMPI users] OpenMPI Checkpoint/Restart is failed
From: Fernando Lemos (fernandotcl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-14 13:18:36

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:25 AM, Hideyuki Jitsumoto
<hjitsumoto_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> I tried to patch the file you mentioned, but the output did not change.

I didn't test the patch, tbh. I'm using 1.5 nightly snapshots, and it
works great.

>>Are you using a shared file system? You need to use a shared file
> system for checkpointing with 1.4.1:
> What is the shared file system ? do you mean NFS, Lustre and so on ?
> (I'm sorry about my ignorance...)

Something like NFS, yea.

> If I use only one node for application, do I need such a shared-file-system ?

No, for a single node, checkpointing with 1.4.1 should work (it works
for me, at least). If you're using a single node, then your problem is
probably not related to the bug report I posted.

Regards,