Subject: Re: [OMPI users] orted: error while loading shared libraries
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-08 09:31:26

Yes. There is usually a difference between interactive logins and non-interactive logins on which paths, etc. get set. Look in your shell startup and see if there is somewhere that it exits early (or otherwise doesn't process) for non-interactive logins.

In short: you need to ensure that your paths (etc.) are setup properly for both interactive and non-interactive logins.

On Apr 8, 2010, at 9:06 AM, SLIM H.A. wrote:

> Dear OpenMPI users
>
> We built OpenMPI 1.4.1 on a new cluster and get the following error message when starting a test job from the master node:
>
> ham4#mpirun -np 4 --host cn001 /path/hello
> orted: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> I found this advice for the intel compiler
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#intel-compilers-static
>
> but for example
>
> ham4#ssh cn001 /path/hello
>
> works. I think this suggests something of the set up is still missing?
>
> I would be grateful for any advice
>
> Thanks
>
> Henk

For corporate legal information go to: