Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI Literature Survey on Multicores
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 13:22:20

Since I moved to industry a few years ago (i.e., out of academia), I haven't kept as close of tabs on research papers as I used to, but I would search for MPI papers dealing with shared memory optimizations. That would likely be a good starting point. You also might want to look at some (somewhat older) papers about dedicated communication co-processors -- not so much in the multi-core context, but rather having a separate whole processor just to handle the communication needs (back from the early 90's and earlier). These ideas are having a bit of a resurgence in a "manycore" context -- e.g., in a world of 100s of cores available in a box, it might be acceptable to dedicate a few of them to off-node communication. Hopefully, people will remember that these ideas are not new. ;-)

On Apr 6, 2010, at 1:12 PM, vaibhav dutt wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a literature survey on MPI optimizations on Multi Cores and was searching for
> some good papers.I have got some papers on MPI Intra Node Data Transfer. Can anybody please
> suggest me how to go about it I mean how can I organize the Survey and also some good source of
> papers on the topics.
>
> Thank You,

For corporate legal information go to: