Subject: Re: [OMPI users] IPoIB
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 09:12:12

More specifically, Open MPI still uses a TCP layer for its run-time setup/teardown. That TCP can be regular ethernet, IPoIB, or any other emulation layer. Ralph's referring to the oob_tcp_if_in|exclude flags allows you to specify using your IPoIB devices, pure ethernet devices, etc.

On Apr 5, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> If it is available, yes - though you can control that by setting the oob_tcp_if_include[exclude] flags
>
> On Apr 5, 2010, at 3:44 PM, David Turner wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please, some clarification. I have built Open MPI 1.4.1 against
> > our IB verbs layer, and all seems well. But a question has come
> > up about IPoIB. While all communications are using the "native"
> > IB interface (verbs), will mpirun use IPoIB during job launch
> > and teardown?
> >
> > If it matters, resource allocation is via torque.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > David Turner
> > User Services Group email: dpturner_at_[hidden]
> > NERSC Division phone: (510) 486-4027
> > Lawrence Berkeley Lab fax: (510) 486-4316

For corporate legal information go to: