Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpiblast only run in one node
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-02 07:36:25

On Apr 1, 2010, at 10:52 PM, longbow leo wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> Now the mpiblast run in only one node both inside and outside a torque job.

If you're inside a torque job and still seeing everything running on a single host, then something isn't quite right. Try running a simple diagnostic in a torque job:

mpirun hostname

Where "hostname" is just the normal Linux "hostname" command. It should show you all the hosts that it was launched on.

> How could I setup a hostlist for open mpi? I haven't found this in the open mpi faq. Thanks.

It's in there somewhere. Just put one host per line in a file, like this:

$ cat myhostfile
host1
host2
host3