Subject: [OMPI users] mpiblast only run in one node
From: longbow leo (longbow0_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-01 02:07:08

Hi,

I've installed Torque/Maui, Open MPI 1.4.1 and mpiBlast 1.6.0-beta1 in a
linux Beowulf culster with 15 nodes (node1~15).

Open MPI, mpiBlast were installed and my home directory lies in a directory
"/data" which was shared by all nodes.

Open Mpi was compiled with "--with-tm" to support Torque, and mpiBlast was
compiled with "--with-mpi" to the directory where Open MPI installed.

When I run mpiBlast by mpirun in command line, like

node1 $ /data/open-mpi/bin/mpirun -np 34 /data/mpiblast/bin/mpiblast -p
blastp -d nr -i test.faa -o test.out

I noticed all 34 mpiBlast processes run on node1 only.

This would not change if I submit job to Torque.

I've searched the mailing list archives but it seems won't help.

How to resolve this problem?

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

HZ Liu