Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openMPI on Xgrid
From: Jody Klymak (jklymak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 15:48:53

On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Cristobal Navarro wrote:
>> thanks for the information,
>> but is it possible to make it work with xgrid or the 1.4.1 version
>> just dont support it?

FWIW, I've had excellent success with Torque and openmpi on OS-X 10.5

It doesn't have a nice dashboard, but the queue tools are more than
adequate for my needs.

Open MPI had a funny port issue on my setup that folks helped with

 From my notes:

Edited /Network/Xgrid/openmpi/etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf to make sure
that the right ports are used:

# set ports so that they are more valid than the default ones (see
email from Ralph Castain)
btl_tcp_port_min_v4 = 36900
btl_tcp_port_range = 32

Cheers, Jody