Subject: Re: [OMPI users] mpi.h file is missing in openmpi
From: Reuti (reuti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 07:03:56

Hi,

Am 25.03.2010 um 11:30 schrieb sunita_at_[hidden]:

> Openmpi is installed in a Intel Xeon quad core 2.4Ghz machine loaded with
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The loaded openmpi version is 1.2.5. While
> trying to install CHARMM software, it asked for the path of mpi.h file and
> library files libmpi. I didn't find 'include' folder in the openmpi folder
> which contains all the header files like mpi.h. However, it contains
> 'bin', 'etc', 'lib' and 'share' sub-folders.

maybe only the runtime package and not the developer package was installed. Due to the ancient version you have, I would suggest to download the actual source and install on your own with:

$ ./configure --prefix=/home/patel/local/openmpi-1.4.1

and after a "make" and "make install" you can access the actual header and library files. For CHARMM ist might be necessary to supply the path to the include files with -I/home/patel/local/openmpi-1.4.1/include in CFLAGS and the path to your libs in LDFLAGS -L/home/patel/local/openmpi-1.4.1/lib (names maybe different in CHARMM though).

As long as you built the dynamic version, it's necessary to supply a runtime also an export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/patel/local/openmpi-1.4.1/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

-- Reuti