Subject: Re: [OMPI users] error when using mpiexec to launch
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 06:00:17

Hi Gilles,

It has been fixed, could you update your source and do a clean build?

Actually, mpiexec is the same as mpirun, and mpic++ is the wrapper for
C++ applications. You could find more details in the OMPI documentations
here: http://www.open-mpi.org/doc/v1.4/

Regards,
Shiqing

Bloom Broker wrote:
> Hello,
> I finally managed to build openmpi in static library in visual studio
> ( thanks for your help), and then tried to run a program using
> mpiexec -n 4 program.exe.
> The answer to that was :
> Cannot open configuration file
> C:/mpidist/installed/share/openmpi\mpiexec-wrapper-data.txt
> Error parsing data file mpiexec: Not found
> I checked and there are *-wrapper-data.txt for the compiler wrappers (
> in the folder "share") but nothing for mpiexec. In addition, I did not
> completely understand openmpi philosophy, mpic++ are supposed to be
> compiler wrapper, but when are they used in the process ? and what
> about exact mpiexec and mpirun roles ? I find it quite difficult to
> get a proper documentation and to understand the whole picture. Could
> you pls direct me to a good source of info or explain quickly how the
> project is structured ?
> Regards,
> Gilles

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
  Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart