Subject: [OMPI users] top command output shows huge CPU utilization when openmpi processes resume after the checkpoint
From: ananda.mudar_at_[hidden]
Date: 2010-03-20 23:18:32

When I checkpoint my openmpi application using ompi_checkpoint, I see
that top command suddenly shows some really huge numbers in "CPU %"
field such as 150% 200% etc. After sometime, these numbers do come back
to the normal numbers under 100%. This happens exactly around the time
checkpoint is completed and when the processes are resuming the
execution.

Another behavior I have seen is that one MPI process starts to show
different elapsed time than its peers. Is it because checkpoint happened
on behalf of this process?

For your reference, I am using open mpi 1.3.4 and BLCR 0.8.2 for
checkpointing.

Thanks
Anand

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com