Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem in remote nodes
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-17 12:41:08

On Mar 17, 2010, at 4:39 AM, <uriz.49949_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi everyone I'm a new Open MPI user and I have just installed Open MPI in
> a 6 nodes cluster with Scientific Linux. When I execute it in local it
> works perfectly, but when I try to execute it on the remote nodes with the
> --host option it hangs and gives no message. I think that the problem
> could be with the shared libraries but i'm not sure. In my opinion the
> problem is not ssh because i can access to the nodes with no password

You might want to check that Open MPI processes are actually running on the remote nodes -- check with ps if you see any "orted" or other MPI-related processes (e.g., your processes).

Do you have any TCP firewall software running between the nodes? If so, you'll need to disable it (at least for Open MPI jobs).

For corporate legal information go to: