Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Windows: problems running on a second system.
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-15 06:18:12

Hi Johnson,

I was trying to reproduce it, so that I could give you a direct
solution. The problem might be the DCOM configure is not correct. Have
you done it as described in this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa393266(VS.85).aspx, you need
give the user "remote activate" permission on namespace CIMV2 and DEFAULT.

Regards,
Shiqing

cjohnson_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Finally got a second development system procured and up and running.
>
> Got things working pretty wellon one node, installed on the second and
> things work there.
>
> This may be a similar problem to Charles Shuller's a month ago, maybe
> not. Tried to launch a program from node work on node work2:
>
> C:\prog\mon\debug>mpirun -npernode 1 -host work2
> C:\prog\mon\examples\solvers\C\sjacobi.exe
> connecting to work2
> username:charles johnson
> password:**********
> Save Credential?(Y/N) y
> [Work:03468] This feature hasn't been implemented yet.
> [Work:03468] Could not connect to namespace cimv2 on node work2. Error
> code =-2147024891
> mpirun was unable to start the specified application as it encountered
> an error.
> More information may be available above.
>
> So I tried some of the things you asked from him:
>
> C:\prog\mon\debug>wmic /node:192.168.1.37 /user:"charles johnson"
> process call create notepad.exe
> Enter the password :**********
>
> ERROR:
> Description = Access is denied.
>
> Then I tried this:
>
> C:\prog\mon\debug>mpirun -np 1 -host work2 notepad.exe
> connecting to work2
> username:charles johnson
> password:**********
> Save Credential?(Y/N) n
> [Work:03108] Could not connect to namespace cimv2 on node work2. Error
> code =-2147024891
> mpirun was unable to start the specified application as it encountered
> an error.
> More information may be available above.
>
> My case may be simpler than his, some misconfiguration or something.
>
> As before: <openmpi-1.4.tar.gz>, built with <cmake-2.6.4-win32-x86>
> using the VC++ info below (probably more than you want):
>
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
> Version 8.0.50727.867 (vsvista.050727-8600)
> Microsoft .NET Framework
> Version 2.0.50727 SP2
>
> Installed Edition: Enterprise Architect
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 77637-163-9000005-41563
> Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
>
> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects -
> ENU Service Pack 1 (KB926601)
>
> Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for
> Software Architects - ENU (KB937061)
>
> Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for
> Software Architects - ENU (KB971023)
>
> Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for
> Software Architects - ENU (KB971090)
>
> Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for
> Software Architects - ENU (KB973673)
>
> Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software
> Architects - ENU (KB932232)
>
> Thanks in advance for any kind help.
>
> C.S. Johnson

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
  Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart