Subject: [OMPI users] MPI_Comm_accept() busy waiting?
From: Ramon (ramif.47_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-02 06:27:59

Hi,

I've recently been trying to develop a client-server distributed file
system (for my thesis) using the MPI. The communication between the
machines is working great, however when ever the MPI_Comm_accept()
function is called, the server starts like consuming 100% of the CPU.

One interesting thing is that I tried to compile the same code using the
LAM/MPI library and the mentioned behaviour could not be observed.

Is this a bug?

On a side note, I'm using Ubuntu 9.10's default OpenMPI deb package.
Its version is 1.3.2.

Regards

Ramon.