Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault when Send/Recv on heterogeneous cluster (32/64 bit machines)
From: TRINH Minh Hieu (mhtrinh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-01 08:55:50

Hi,

The problem is not there.
I put a "free" and check for return value of malloc but still have the
segfault. (source code updated in attach)

I discovered that array size to send is limited to 64kB. If I send
8192 x double : it's ok. But more will cause segfault. I also changed
in order to send float than double: In that case, I can send an array
of 16384 float (64kB) but no more.
Is there a parameter when building OpenMPI about packet size ??

Regards,

> From: Timur Magomedov (timur.magomedov_at_[hidden])
> Date: 2010-03-01 05:55:44
>
> Hello.
> It looks like you allocate memory in every loop iteration on process #0
> and doesn't free it so malloc fails on some iteration.

   M. TRINH Minh Hieu
   CEA, IBEB, SBTN/LIRM,
   F-30207 Bagnols-sur-Cèze, FRANCE