Subject: [OMPI users] Open MPI performance on Amazon Cloud
From: Hammad Siddiqi (hammad.siddiqi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-27 12:07:27

Dear All,

I am facing very wierd results of OpenMPI 1.4.1 on Amazon EC2. I have
used Small Instance and and High CPU medium instance for benchmarking
latency and bandwidth. The OpenMPI was configured with the default
options. when the code is run in the cluster mode the latency and
bandwidth of Amazon EC2 Small instance is really less than that of
Amazon EC2 High CPU medium instance. To my understanding the
difference should not be that much. The following are the links to
graphs ad their data:

Data: http://hpc.seecs.nust.edu.pk/~hammad/OpenMPI,Latency-BandwidthData.jpg
Graphs: http://hpc.seecs.nust.edu.pk/~hammad/OpenMPI,Latency-Bandwidth.jpg

 Please have a look on them.

Is anyone else facing the same problem. Any guidance in this regard
will highly be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,