Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segfault in mca_odls_default.so with > ~100 process.
From: Oliver Ford (openmpi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-27 06:06:12

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Yeah, the system won't like this. Your approach makes it look like you are launching 136 app_contexts. We currently only support up to 128 app_contexts. I don't think anyone anticipated somebody trying to use the system this way.
>
> I can expand the number to something larger. Will have to see how big a change it requires (mostly a question of how many places are touched) before we know what release this might show up in.

I see.

Is there a better way that I should be doing this - to run the programs
on specific hosts with specific args?

Alternatively, if you point me at the appropriate piece of code, I'll
have a go at making the number a #define or something, and putting some
checks in so it doesn't just crash.

Oliver