Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Sending relatively large messages with high frequency
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 00:56:02

We've seen similar things in our code. In our case it is probably due to a
race condition. Try running the segv'ing process in a debugger, and it will
likely show you a bug in your code

On Feb 24, 2010 9:36 PM, "Amr Hassan" <amr.abdelaziz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm facing a strange problem with OpenMPI.

I'm developing an application which is required to send a message from each
client (1 MB each) to a server node for around 10 times per second (it's a
distributed render application and I'm trying to reach a higher frame rate
). The problem is that OpenMPI crash in that case and only works if I
partition this messages into a set of 20 k sub-messages with a sleep between
each one of them for around 1 to 10 ms!! This solution is very expensive in
term of time needed to send the data. Is there any other solutions?

The error i got now is:
Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
Failing at address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The OS is Linux CentOS. I'm using the latest version of OpenMPI.

I appreciate any help regarding that.

 Regards,
Amr