Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Using dynamic process management without mpirun/mpiexec
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 20:17:48

Let me see if I understand your question. You want to launch an initial MPI code using mpirun or as a singleton. This code will then determine available resources and use MPI_Comm_spawn to launch the "real" MPI job.

Correct?

If so, then yes - you can do that. When you do the comm_spawn, you need to include an MPI_Info key of "add-host" that specifies the host(s) (comma-delimited list) to be used for launching the specified app. Or you can do "add-hostfile" - either or both are supported.