Subject: [OMPI users] mpicc failure
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 11:34:11

On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Rodolfo Chua wrote:

> I've successfully installed openMPI on other PC. But when I tried to install it
> on my laptop and typed 'mpicc' , the response was:

Please do not reply off-topic -- please start a new thread with a different subject if you have an unrelated question. Otherwise, the threading in both the web archives and people's email clients will be incorrect. Thanks.

> The program 'mpicc' can be found in the following packages:
> * lam4-dev
> * libmpich-mpd1.0-dev
> * libmpich-shmem1.0-dev
> * libmpich1.0-dev
> * libopenmpi-dev
> * mpich2
> Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
> mpicc: command not found
> chao_at_ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libopenmpi-dev
> [sudo] password for chao:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Couldn't find package liopenmpi-dev

You'll likely need to check with the apt-get packagers to see what package you need to install.

FWIW, I see that you said install "libopenmpi-dev", but it said it couldn't find "liopenmpi-dev". Was there a typo in there somewhere?

For corporate legal information go to: