Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPi Abort verbosity
From: Gabriele Fatigati (g.fatigati_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 09:17:53

Mm,
i'm trying to explain better.

My target is, when a MPI process dead for some reason, after launched
MPI_Abort i would like to control this behaviour. Example:

rank 0 died and launc MPI_Abort

i would like to do something before other process died. So i want to control
shutdown of my MPI application. Is it possible?

2010/2/24 Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]>

> I don't believe the error handler will help suppress the messages you are
> trying to avoid as they don't originate in the MPI layer. They are actually
> generated in the RTE layer as mpirun is exiting.
>
> You could try adding the --quiet option to your mpirun cmd line. This will
> help eliminate some (maybe not all) of the verbage.
>

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:36 AM, Jed Brown wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:21:02 +0100, Gabriele Fatigati <
> g.fatigati_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> Yes, of course,
> >>
> >> but i would like to know if there is any way to do that with openmpi
> >
> > See the error handler docs, e.g. MPI_Comm_set_errhandler.
> >
> > Jed

Ing. Gabriele Fatigati
Parallel programmer
CINECA Systems & Tecnologies Department
Supercomputing Group
Via Magnanelli 6/3, Casalecchio di Reno (BO) Italy
www.cineca.it                    Tel:   +39 051 6171722
g.fatigati [AT] cineca.it