Subject: Re: [OMPI users] password-less ssh
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-19 18:11:43

Okay, yes, setting SSH_AUTH_SOCK is the right thing to do, but this
strikes me as clumsy. I'm trying to understand how things should be set
up so that I don't have to take special action each time I log in. Do I
do some .login/.logout magic?

Or, why not just go without a DSA passphrase? The passphrase only
protects me from root, before whom I am rather powerless anyhow.

Also, the OMPI FAQ says authorized_keys should have 644 protection. Out
on the web, it appears people advise 600, which doesn't make sense to me
since it just has public keys in it anyhow. (My head is starting to spin.)