Subject: [OMPI users] password-less ssh
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-19 16:19:13

This is with regards to http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh#ssh-keys

It says to check if you have an ssh-agent running. How are you supposed
to do that? I've tried "ps -u myusername | grep ssh-agent", but didn't
know if that's the proper thing to do.

Also, it appears that I do *NOT* have an ssh-agent running automatically
for me. How often do I have to start one up? It appears that if I
start one up and log out and then log back in again, the old ssh-agent
is still there but not usable. I have to start up a new one. So, do I
have to start an ssh-agent each time I log in?

Or, I could use no DSA passphrase, but that seems to be frowned upon.